Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Reflection on 18 years

     Yesterday was my 18th year anniversary on the field. It was a day of reflection and a day of another milestone. I had been learning how to play chords on the piano during the summer so as to be able to accompany worship while in the prayer house. We had an amazing worship time and I was able to keep up with most of the songs for the first time. What a great gift on this anniversary, to be able to worship freely while playing the piano.
      One of the things that has struck me as I reflect on these years is that there has been a constant ebb and flow of disappointments and then God's demonstration of His goodness. We are studying Psalm 100 this next Friday evening with our gathering of believers. Verse 5 specifically says, "For the Lord is good...!" This truth has been demonstrated over and over again throughout these past 18 years. Each time there was a disappointment, no matter how small or absolutely huge, God always follow-uped the disappointment with showing off His goodness. There is no way that I can possibly face a disappointment now in despair because I know that there is a huge blessings on its heels. God is going to do something amazing! He always does! So.... if at the time you read this, you are in a tough spot, just know, you can hold on because the Lord is a comin', and its going to be GOOD!

No comments: