Thursday, August 18, 2011

Return to Kosova

On August 15, 2011 I landed back in Kosove. As I was sitting having supper with some dear Kosovar friends last night, one of them said, "Were you even in England the past two and half years?" His meaning was, "seems as though you never went away." It's interesting and even scary how "normal" it feels to be here. Scary because I would never want my two and half year experience in the UK just seem like a dream or quickly fade away as if I was never there. I cherish those times, I cherish those years and the people that were part of my life there. As I'm looking for a place to live here in Kosove, and am not yet fully engaged in what is going on around me, I feel as though I'm slowly walking through a long tunnel where when I look back I can see scenes of the UK and looking forward I see scenes of Kosova and the walls of the tunnel are intertwined with scenes from both, plus the states, plus future visions and dreams; a mishmash of everything! Not exactly sure when I'll reach the end of the tunnel, but don't necessary feel like I need to pick up the pace either.

No comments: